Tuesday, October 20, 2009

11:46 bedroom

Mum says its all about attitude. I would remind myself of this often. Attitude attitude attitude. You can find yourself in a situation but have completely different reactions to it depending on your outlook of events. And how you shape your emotional response. Repeat over and over in your head, a positive affirmation, a positive outlook.
I have faith, I let go, I give myself to the Universe.
I have to remember that I don't need everyone to like me. I should not want everyone to like me. I like being adaptable and open-minded but that doesn't mean I act shallow or cynically funny to 'work' every situation i find myself in. I will listen more strongly to the impulses deep inside my gut, that tell me Im faking it, in social interactions. Also, i think I want everyone to like me, because I feel like I want to like everyone else. But really this isn't an ideal situation. Liking everyone is exhausting. I can not dislike people, but that doesn't mean I have to make an effort to like them. If it comes it comes, if it doesn't it doesn't.
Attitude.
Please, help me live day by day. Please, help me let go of my defects. Please, help me embrace love and find my meaning and purpose within it. Please, help me serve. Please, help me find the tune.
Attitude of gratitude. I am grateful for a hot shower. I am grateful for Kings of Leon. I am grateful for the anchor friends provide.

No comments:

Post a Comment